In terms of Rules 26 and 27 of Bye - Laws of Regional Branches of Indian Institute of Public Administration, Indraprastha Estate, Ring Road, New Delhi-110002, the following Rules of Business are framed with the approval of the General Body which met on Jan 8, 2005 at Jammu
2. The Rules for eligibilty and procedure for acquiring membership shall be governed by the Rules framed by the parent body i.e the Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi from time to time.
3. All members of the IIPA residing in the State of Jammu and Kashmir shall be members of the J&K Regional Branch of IIPA. Any member coming to J&K temporarily on posting and otherwise, may inform the Regional Branch so that he is brought on the mailing list and will be designated as a non-permanent member.
4. The term “Members” referred to in the Bye-Laws includes Members, Associates Members, Corporate Members, Honorary Members but does not include student members. The associate members, honorary members and non –permanent members would not be eligible to vote for elections.
5. Election of office bearers will be conducted during an Annual General Body Meeting in the month of December/January. The election of office bearers/executive committee will be through voting by raising of hands. At least one member will propose the name and 2 others will second the proposer. The Returning Officer for the election will be decided by the Executive Committee.
There shall be a Patron of the Regional Branch to act as a mentor and guide. The Patron will be nominated by the AGM on the recommendation of the outgoing executive committee and his/her tenure will be co-terminus with that of the new executive committee.
6. Jammu and Kashmir Regional Branch shall elect following Office Bearers from amongst its members who shall hold office for 2 years and shall be eligible for re-election:-
2. Vice Chairman (Jammu)
3. Vice Chairman (Kashmir)
4. Vice Chairman (Central)
5. Honorary Secretary
6. Honorary Treasurer
7. Joint Secretary (Jammu)
8. Joint Secretary (Kashmir)
9. Director Seminars
10. Joint Director Seminars (Jammu)
11. Joint Director Seminars (Kashmir)
7. The Vice Chairman (Kashmir) and Joint Secretary (Kashmir) will be from amongst members based in Kashmir round the year. Similarly, Vice Chairman (Jammu) and Joint Secretary (Jammu) will be from amongst the members based in Jammu round the year.
8. The Chairman will preside over all meetings of the Executive Commiteee as well as General Body. In his absence, one of the Vice Chairmen so designated by the Chairman or if the Chairman has not designated anyone, the senior-most Vice Chairman will carry out responsibilities of chairing a meeting of the Executive Commiteee or General Body.
9. Besides the 11 Office Bearers, there will be 15 members of the Executive Committee including not less than 3 members each from amongst members who are located round the year in Kashmir and Jammu Divisions.
10. The General Body Meeting will be held every year in the month of Decemeber/ January. The Executive Committee will meet as frequently as possible (but not less than 6 times in a year) *. At least 15 days notice shall be given to the members for calling the Annual General Body meeting and seven days notice for a special General Body meeting. Notice of at least 2 days will be given for the meetings of the Executive Committee.
11. Quorum of the General Body meeting shall be 10 percent of members on roll and that for the Executive Committee will 7 members.
12. The Regional Branch shall forward to the Director of the Institute an Annaul Report for the previous financial year on its working by the 1st Week of June of the following year so that the actvities of the Regional Branch may appropriately be incorporated in the Annual Report of the Institute.
13. The Regional Branch may undertake, among other things, the activities of the following types:-
(a) Lectures, Seminars/symposia in pursuance of the objectives of the Institutue.
(b) Research Projects.
(c) Training Courses.
(d) Publication of Journals, newsletter and books.
(e) Use of training aids and films.
(f) Formulation of study groups to study the current administrative problems.
(g) Establishment of a library service to the members.
(h) Liaision with Universities in the region and staff training institute.
(i) Undertake joint programmes in collaboration with other Regional and local branches and Institutions /bodies with similar objectives.
(j) Within the framework of these objectives, undertake development activities in rural areas with the cooperation of the state Governement and to render such assistance as may be called upon.
14. For the purpose of maintenance of accouts, the financial year of the J&K Regional Branch shall be from 1st April to 31st March. The funds of the Regional Branch shall be kept in a Scheduled Bank/Cooperative Bank. The Annual accounts of the regional branch shall be audited by Chartered Accountant and a copy of the audited accounts shall be submitted to the Director of the Institute alongwith the Annual Report of the Branch.