PROCEEDINGS OF THE 32ND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE J&K REGIONAL BRANCH
1. A meeting of the Indian Institute of Public Administration, J&K Regional Branch was held on January 8, 2011 in IIPA Complex, Jammu under the chairmanship of Dr. Ashok Bhan. 51 Members attended the meeting.
2. At the outset, Hony Secretary while welcoming the members, introduced the topic (Public Private Partnership) and the Speaker Mr Chander Gulhati to the audience.
3. Mr Chander Gulhati, Executive Member of IIPA delivered a talk on Public Private Partnership. The focus of the subject was on ensuring a vibrant economy, return on investment in addition to flowing supply chain, regular production and availability of various commodities to give a fair deal to the citizens of the State and the country. He gave the living example of Gujrat State which is called "Vibrant Gujrat" with responsive administration and has private players joining hands with the Government shaping up as .
4. The Hony. Secretary presented his annual report in which he enumerated that programmes & events were organized by the Regional Branch, release of two biannual issues of IIPA Newsletter during the year 2010. He further apprised the members that IIPA J&K Regional Branch has decided to publish the biannual journal of Administration and Management with the title "J&K Journal of Administration & Management" (JKJAM). The Regional branch is in the process of registration of the title with Registrar of News Paper for India.
5. The Hony Secretary thanks the members for extending their cooperation in carrying out various activities by the Regional Branch during the year. He wished the members and their families· a Very Happy New Year.
6. The Hony. Treasurer presented the Annual statement of accounts (2009-10) and apprised the House about the receipt and expenditure which indicated:-
a)Total receipt during the Year.
Rs 4,24,015.78(OB)+Grant-in-aid+Interest= Rs 9,89,939.78
b)Total Expenditure during the year
Rs 6,82,234.23 (CB)+Expenditure = Rs 9,89,939.78
The statement of accounts presented by Hony. Treasurer was approved by the General Body. The General Body also approved the services of M/s Deepak Sehgal & Co, Jammu Chartered Accountants for IIPA for the year 2010-11.
7. Dr. Ashok Bhan, Chairman in his address highlighted that the focus of the Regional Branch has to be two fold.
First, to set certain tasks so that the periodic professional outputs like Newsletter and Journal, debates in the two Universities, Sati Sahni Annual Memorial Lecturer etc could be assured.
Second, is to convert the Regional Branch into the Next Gen Institution of Learning. This could be achieved by conducting research and Consultancy programmes, organizing training courses, upgrading of library and enrolling younger members.
8. Dr. S.S. Bloeria, Patron of the Regional Branch laid emphasis on laying targets for the year, so that all efforts are made to achieve these. He wanted that memoers and experts should be requested to write on specific subjects for the journal which should be a quality product.
9. Shri Jalil Ahmed Khan, Economic Advisor to J&K Govt and former Chairman IIPA Regional Branch in his concluding remarks wanted that activities should be J&K focused. He advised that a letter could go to the Chief Secretary requesting ·him to direct all departments of the Govt to send all publications, Audit reports, population figures, budgetary allotments, job proposals etc. to the IIPA, so that these serves a study material.
10. The General Body was unequivocal in suggesting that more and more educated young people should be brought into IIPA fold by making enrollment and increasing membership.
The General Body meeting concluded with a vote of thanks to the chair and New Year Greetings to the members and their families.