PROCEEDINGS OF THE 28th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE J&K REGIONAL BRANCH
Decisions taken at the annual general body meeting of the J&K Regional
Branch of liPA held at Jammu Club, Jammu on January 28, 2007
The following decisions were taken during the meeting:-
• The balance sheet and accounts presented by the Honorary Treasurer were adopted.
• It was decided that Shri Deepak Sehgal be requested to continue as Auditor for another year.
• The general body approved the following building construction sub-committee on whose recommendations payments shall be released from time to time in favour of Police Housing Corporation:-
Shri J.B.S.Johar, Chief Engineer (Retd) Shri S.K.Gupta, Chief Engineer (Retd) Shri B.K.Suri, SE (Retd)
Shri T.P Singh, Treasurer
• One of the members has suggested that another civil engineer be included on the committee. The matter will be discussed in the next executive committee meeting and decision taken.
• A set of modified drawings for construction of the IIPA Study Center of excellence in public administration and management" was displayed for the perusal of the members.
• Hon'ble Chairman Dr S.S.Bloeria in his address stressed on the need for expanding membership of the regional branch. He desired that each member should get one new member enrolled. We should aim at enrolling atleast 100 new members and the year should be devoted to launching of this membership drive. Adequate number of membership forms will be kept available in the office of the regional branch. Each form costs Rs I00/-.
• The General Body ratified the decision of the executive committee to nominate Shri A.M.Watali as Vice Chairman, Kashmir for the remaining of the term in place of Prof Khurshid Ali who is not available in the State.
• A suggestion was made that the concerned Hon'ble MP or Hon'ble MLA should be approached for allotting a suitable grant as contribution towards the construction of the building of IIPA Study Center.