PROCEEDINGS OF THE 23rd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE J&K REGIONAL BRANCH
Today's meeting of the IIPA J&K Regional Branch was convened for three specific purposes, namely:-
(a) Conduct/hold A.G.M of the Regional Branch
(b) Present the accounts before the A.G.M for the last two years for Approval.
(c) Hold election to constitute excutive committee of the liPA J&K Regional Branch. For conducting the election notice was Published in Daily Exclesior and Kashmir Times dated 21-12-2001 informing all members to attend the meeting in K.C. Residency on 29-12-2001 at 7:00Pm.
The following members participated :-
S.No Name of the Member
I) Jalil Ahamed Khan
2) Ram Sahai
3) Veeranna Aivalli
4) S.P. Sahni
5) T.P. Singh
6) P.P Sharma
7) P.K. Gupta
8) Ashok Aima
9) Shashi Kant
10) R.D. Tiwari
11) S.K. Gupta
12) S.R. Sharma
13) M.N. Sehgal
15) P.C. Kapoor
16) Farooq Ahmad
17) L.K. Mengi
18) Maj Gen. B.N. Dhar Pvsm (Retd.)
21) V.N. Sharma
22) H.B. Khajuria
23) K.L Gupta
24) Dr.Shiv Dutt Sharma
25) Dr. Vinod Gupta
26) Madan Dogra
27) Vikram Gour
28) Prof. R.K. Barik
Shri J.A. Khan Principal Secretary to J&K Govt Finance Deptt who is Chairman of the
IIPA J&K Branch presided over the meeting.
Shri Swa mi Raj Shanna Hony Secretary of the IIPA J&K Regional Branch read the Annual Report highhghti11g the activites of the Branch since April 1999 to date. Copies of the Report were circulated amongst the members. After presenting the Annual Report. B.K. Suri (Retd. Ex- Engineer) made a suggestion that in fature activity report for each function of the Branch should be sent to IIPA head office New Delhi regularly for information and record. He also suggested that some representative of our Branch should attend the important meetings of IIPA New Delhi. Mr. M.N Sehgal suggested that papers presented at each seminar or symposium conducted by the Branch should be compiled and published annualy for record and perusal of the members as well as the general public. These suggestions were accepted. After this Shri T.P. Singh Treasure of the IIPA J&K Regional Branch presented the account settlements for two years duly audited and the same were adopted by the members present in the meeting.
There after election to constitute the new Executive Committee of the IIPA J&K Branch was conducted. Shri Veerana Aivalli IPS presided over this part of the meeting. The following were unanimously electied to the IIPA J&K Branch:-
(01) Shri Jalil Ahamed Khan Principal Secretary to J&K Govt Finance Deptt - Chairman
(02) Shri Ram Sahai President Chamber of Commerce and Industries Jammu - Vice Chairman for Jammu.
(03) Shri Khurshed A1i HOD Political Science University of Kashmir - Vice Chairman for Kashmir Division.
(04) Shri P.P Sharma I.F.S Principal Chief Conservator of Forests J&K Govt.- Vice Chairman (Central)
(05) Shri Ashok Bhan IPS Inspector General of Police J&K Govt.- Hony Secretary
(06) Shri Ashok Aima Prof. Deptt of Management Studies University of Jammu Organising Secretary
(07) Shri Vikram Gour (Retd. Superintending Engineer P.D.D) - Joint Secretary for Jammu.
(08) Dr. G.N. Qasba -Joint Secretary for Kashmir Division
(09) Shri Bashmir Ahamed K.A.S Special Secretary toJ&K Govt. - Joint Secretary Central
(10) Shri T.P. Singh K.A.S Settlement Commissioner J&K Govt. - Treasurer
(11) Shri Sati Shani - Director Seminars. S/S Prof S.K. Sharma & Keshav Sharma will assist the Director Seminar as Co-opted members.
The following were elected as members of the Executive Committee of the IIPA Regional Branch J&K :-
(1) Shri Swami Raj Sharma lAS (Retd.)
(2) Shri Madan Dogra (Retd. S.E. PHE)
(3) Shri M.N Sehgal (Retd. Dy.G.M Survey of India)
(4) Shri K.L. Wali
(5) Prof K.L. Bhatia
(6) Prof Mrs Rekha Choudhary
(7) Shri S.K. Gupta (Retd. Chief Engineer)
(8) Shri Massud Chaudhary IPS
(9) Shri Vinod Ranjan IFS
(I0) Shri Vikrant Kuthiala \Businessman)
(11) Prof Shashi Kant
(12) Shri Farooq A.hamed S.S.P
(13) Retd. Maj-General B.N. Dhar
(14) Shri G.N Khan
(15) Shri G.H. Kaloo
(16) Dr Mrs Santosh Gupta
(17) Shri A.M. Watali IPS (Retd.)
(18) Shri Noor Baba
(19) Shri S.D. Swantantra IFS
(20) Shri M.L. KuallAS
(21) Shri R.V. Raju IPS lnpector General of Police.
Shri Veeranna Aivalli was proposed as Chief Parton of the IIPA J&K Regional Branch by the newly elected Chairman. This was approved by all the members present in the meeting. Prof R.K.Barik from IIPA New Delhi attended the meeting as election observer from the head office.The proceedings ended with a vote of thank by Shri Swami Raj Sharma (Retd. Ex-Hony Secretary) of the IIPA Branch.